73 people intoxicated in chlorine leakage
Seventy three people have been intoxicated due to the chlorine leakage, which occurred in the Lilo district of Tbilisi last night. One of them, an 18 year-old Lasha Narimanidze is still in coma. All intoxicated people were transferred to different hospitals, where they are being provided all necessary treatment. The costs will be covered from the government`s funds. One of the injured is a pregnant woman; there are children and locals among the patients.
The accident occurred at 11 p.m. yesterday. Chlorine leaked from one of the containers in a private enterprise. The rescuers tried to move the damaged container to a more secure place, but the chlorine leaked in this process for the second time.
The rescuers pressed down the evaporated chlorine with flow of water and changed the container`s tap. Fifteen briagdes of rescuers, emergency ambulances and patrol police officers worked all night long to eliminate the consequences of the accident and rescue the injured.
Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili and Health Minister Zurab Tchiaberashvili visited the intoxicated people in hospitals last night.