CEC counts 77% of votes
The vote count at the Central Election Commission continues. The CEC had counted the votes from 559 of the 729 polling stations in Tbilisi, which is about 77% of votes. According to the CEC:
- the candidate of the ruling party Georgian Dream Davit Narmania has got 46,27% of votes;
- United National Movement candidate, Nika Melia - 27,69%;
- Nino Burjanadze - United Opposition candidate Dimitri Lortkipanidze - 12,86%;
- Georgian Patriots` Alliance candidate Irma Inashvili - 5,31%
- Labour Party candidate Asmat Tkabladze - 2,57%;
- Non-parliamentary opposition - Kakha Kukava - 2,27%
As for the results of the elections of local government by proportional party lists, the CEC has counted the ballots of 501 stations out of 729 in total in Tbilisi. According to the vote country results by 10:00
- Coalition Georgian Dream has 46,02% of votes;
- United National Movement - 26,25%;
- Nino Burjanadze - United Opposition -10,42%;
- Georgian Patriots Alliance 6,2%;
- Georgian Labour Party - 3,59%;
- Non-parliamentary Opposition - Kakha Kukava - 2.02.
10 o`clock results of the vote count reported by the CEC throughout Georgia are the following. The CEC has counted the results of vote count from 1761 out of total 3,637;
- Georgian Dream - 51,5%;
- United National Movement - 21,87%;
- Nino Burjanadze - United Opposition - 10,27%;
- Georgian Patriots` Alliance - 3,71%;
- Georgian Labour Party - 3,14%;
Non-parliamentary Opposition - Kakha Kukava - 2,95%.
The second run-off of elections is expected to be held in eight self-governing cities of Georgia. The CEC results say that the GD candidates have successfully obtained the majority of votes in four of 12 cities - Akhaltsikhe, Ambrolauri, Kutaisi and Zugdidi, in other eight cities, the CEC reports say there will be the second run-off for electing new mayors.