93% of votes counted by CEC
The vote count at the Central Election Commission continues. The CEC had counted the votes from 93% of votes. The preliminary vote count report says that in eight out of 12 self-governing cities of Georgia, the second run-off will be held as none of the candidates there could overcome the minimum threshold. The mayors have been elected in Akhaltsikhe, Ambrolauri, Kutaisi and Zugdidi.
According to the CEC:
- the candidate of the ruling party Georgian Dream Davit Narmania has got 46,13% of votes;
- United National Movement candidate, Nika Melia - 27,87%;
- Nino Burjanadze - United Opposition candidate Dimitri Lortkipanidze - 12,86%;
- Georgian Patriots` Alliance candidate Irma Inashvili - 5,37%
- Labour Party candidate Asmat Tkabladze - 2,45%;
- Non-parliamentary opposition - Kakha Kukava - 2,33%.
The GD candidate of mayor in Telavi Platon Kalmakhelidze has 42,44% of votes, and the UNM candidate Aleksi Dzuliashvili is on the second position with 21,07% of votes.
In Mtskheta - GD candidate Avtandil Nemsitsveridze - 33,64%, the next best result was shown by Georgian Greens candidate Davit Machkhaneli with 25,6%.
Gori - GD candidate Zurab Jirkvelishvili - 40,78%; Georgian Party candidate Kakhaber Ergemlidze - 29,19%;
Akhaltsikhe - GD candidate Giorgi Kopadze - 60,44%; UNM candidate Gela Demetradze - 31,03%;
Amrbolauri - GD candidate Rati Namgaladze - 82,22%; UNM candidate - Amiran Lomtadze - 17,78%;
Kutaisi - Georgian Dream Shota Murghulia - 51,11%; UNM Giorgi Tevdoradze - 25,91%;
Ozurgeti - GD - Beglar Sioradze - 35,15%; Shota Gogiberidze - 21,41%;
Zugdidi - GD Irakli Gogokhia 58%; UNM Teimuraz Basilia 33,16%;
Poti - GD Irakli Kakulia 45,66%; UNM Vakhtang Dartsmelidze = 19,36%;
Batumi - GD _ Giorgi Ermakov - 46,69%; UNM Giorgi Diasamidze - 17,51%;
As for the results of the elections of local government by proportional party lists, the CEC has counted the ballots of 598 stations out of 729 in total in Tbilisi. According to the vote country results by 12:00:
- Coalition Georgian Dream has 45,98% of votes;
- United National Movement - 26,49%;